Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006

First hat failure


I decided to try my hand at a simple knit hat and boy did I mess it up. It came out soooo small. It was suppose to be child size and it looks like it will fit a preemie.

Here's the pix of the finished (?) hat.

And here's what I did wrong, thanks to the observations of my fellow Yahoo group knitters.I cast on 90 stitches, then I knitted 2 ins of 2x2 ribbing and then started the decreases. It was pointed out to me that I neglected to knit 5-7 inches of stockinette stitch BEFORE decreasing. Wah!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flavio83 said...

Yes, my first hats are all too small as well... :) But well, you can use them for dolls or teddy bears ;)

Love,
Flavio

3:34 AM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home