Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First Sock!!

Check out my first ever sock! I met up with some awesome ladies at Barnes & Noble and they started me on my first sock. Just completed it and now I'm working on its mate. Denise had the best advice. Read the pattern line by line and don't try to figure it out, just do what it says. Well.... it worked! I will be showing it off tomorrow night. Now that it is done, I find it on the large size. A little long, a little wide in the foot. Also, the yarn was a bit "thick". I will use thinner yarn and smaller needles on the next one. Here are the sock specifics:
Pattern was found in Ann Budd's Getting Started Knitting Socks. Size is "6 stitches per inch". I used #3 needles. Yarn: Moda Dea Sassy Stripes, color 6948 Polo; light #3, 100% acrylic. I LOVE self-striping yarn!!
So...... do you like?

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Nice work...congrats on your first sock project!

7:15 AM, October 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home