Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Italian-American afghan completed

Wow! Finally completed. This is the afghan I started in April 2007 while my dad was in surgery to remove a tumor found in his colon. We received horrible news that the tumor was cancerous and had spread to his liver. He was diagnosed at Stage 4. My dad passed away in October 2009. I told him this afghan was going to be an Italian-American flag afghan as it is Red/White/Green for Italy and Red/White/Blue for the USA.
The pattern is called Arctic Throw from the Berroco website. At the time I couldn't afford the Berroco Air yarn. Instead I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.
I don't remember how many skeins of yarn I used.
The colors are: Wheat, Cranberry, Navy, and Pine.
Size 13, 29" circular needles.
Pattern can be found here
This afghan is very warm :)
Salute Papa Gino. I miss you immensely.

3 Comments:

Blogger stitchin' girl said...

I found (and love!) your blog through the California Knitting Friends Yahoo Group. Your afghan is very pretty!

10:24 AM, December 27, 2010  
Blogger Sus said...

Hi! I found your blog through the "Next Blog" feature on Blogger. The afghan is lovely and I bet it's so cozy, too. Here's to your dad!

3:15 PM, January 08, 2011  
Blogger chelsea said...

Great post! your knits are really creatively made!



Pronghorn Antelope Hunting Trips | Garage Door Repair Frisco

7:57 PM, January 30, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home