Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Felted flower bowl



This is my first felting project. These are the before pictures. I will felt it this weekend and post the felted pictures. This is called "Felted Flower Bowl" by MegMarie. The pattern can be found here.
I made the following changes: I used size 11 needles and two strands of yarn. I used leftover wool. I frogged it a couple of times. Use markers to keep your place!!!
I made the color changes at: rows 1-9 multi-color; 10-16 brown; 17-22 green; 23-28 tan.
Come back next week to see the felted bowl.
It took 3 attempts to felt the bowl. First attempt was at the yarn shop. The water never got HOT. Only tepid. So I went home and used my front loader. I placed it again in a pillow case and added a Keen sandal to the washer with a little liquid Ivory. It felted much better on round 2. I put it back in again for round 3 and was happy with the results.
Check it out----/



Bazinga!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home