Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Helmet Liner request

Last week George called me and asked if I could knit another helmet liner. His friend was re-deployed to Afghanistan and is freezing. I finished it last night. I had to knit through a painful bout of tendinitis. Also, had to go out and buy more wool. Apparently the damn moths found my stash of wool and was eating through a full hank. I now have lavender everywhere and my untouched wool is in ziploc bags with lavender inside. So thanks George! I probably would have lost a lot more yarn if you hadn't asked for another helmet liner.
Again I used Cascade 220. Pattern can be found on Ravelry or here.

2 Comments:

Blogger In My World said...

Hi Karen,

I've just added you to my reading list. Enjoy your photos. I see you and I use the same helmet liner pattern. I have a nephew in the navy and a niece in cadets. Plus my grandson just loves his.

10:22 AM, March 01, 2012  
Blogger Karen Knitting said...

Thanks Pam. I've tried to get my LYS to knit these for the troops. I've offered to do the mailing, but it seems the charity knitting is more geared towards baby items. Oh well. I'll knit more when I can.

3:04 PM, March 17, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home