Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Beginning the shawl


I've started knitting a triangular shawl with this yarn. I began it using bamboo needles, but the yarn would not move smoothly across the needle. I found myself pushing it too hard. Thought I would break the yarn. So I bought some aluminum needles and it is going much easier. The pattern is real easy.... Cast on 3. Row 1: Knit one, yarn over, knit to the end. Rows 2 and 3: Repeat row 1.
Can't get easier than that!!!
This isn't my favorite yarn to knit with. I find the "nubbies" get stuck and I have to give a little tug or the stitch will be too tight. But....... it is very soft and will come in handy on those slightly chilly summer nights.
Knit on....

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

HI Karen!
Obviously I'm reading all of your older blogs as well! Had to comment on this one.

I just (last night) finished a shawl using this same pattern. Started out as a challenge from a friend who was bemoaning the fact that she can 'only' knit dishcloths. I pointed out that the same pattern with different yarn and needles would make a shawl. She didn't believe me. Ha! I used a blue teal Homespun yarn on size 15 needles and just kept going until I liked the size. Them I fringed in each hole created by the yarn overs at the edge. It is gorgeous! Problem is that my cats think I've knitted them some kind of large toy! If I ever figure out how to use my camera properly I'll post a pic of it.

Thanks for sharing yor blog!

9:56 AM, June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home