Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Sunday, July 29, 2007

F I S H

I'm knitting fish!
This is a lot of fun. I found this group, BitsandBobs2, and they are making fish afghans. What a fun way to use up a lot of leftover yarn. I have so many ideas for this project.
My first fish was a multicolored fish. Cool!
I got out some camoflague varigated yarn and thought....hmmmm. I could make a camo afghan for my nephew by using this and brown, greens and black yarns. So, two fishies down, 117 to go!
Then I thought about the leftover red/white/blue varigated I have. Add some red, white, and blue yarns and I'll have a patriotic afghan. The possibilities are endless.
It's amazing what one can find on the internet, surfing instead of reading or knitting.
Back to fishing......

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooo Hooo! Aren't your fish colourful!
Is it variegated yarn?
I've only knit solid coloured ones.

I am going to get back to my own fishing as soon as the doctor gives me permission to resume knitting again. (Next appointment to look at broken right elbow is the end of the first week in September.)

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

6:32 PM, August 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i love the fish i tried to go the group you go them from but it says it is no longer there so could you post the pattern i would love to make them jihi00@yahoo.ccom

6:52 PM, November 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also luv yr fish could u share yr pattern please also can u tell me how u would make a throw with them as im new to knitting thought this would be a great start to use up scrap wool & make something for one of my boys
thanks kym

2:37 PM, January 08, 2008  
Blogger Karen Knitting said...

Thanks for the comments. The link should work. The group is BitsandBobs2-SpecialProjects. It is a Yahoo Group. The pattern is under the files tab, called Fishie Afghan Pattern. I haven't put them together yet. I'm still busily knitting them.
Karen

7:32 PM, January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home