Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Gaetano's Baby Sweater

Welcome to the family little Gaetano. I made this sweater for Tom's cousin Gabe's first baby. They didn't want to know the gender of the baby so I had to pick a gender neutral color for this baby sweater.
The pattern is called "Baby Boy 5-Hour Sweater. The pattern can be found here. 
I used size 7 needles.
The yarn I chose was Cascade 220 Superwash. The color number is 863, Cordavan.
It has reddish brown and brown hues throughout. It is super soft. And washable!
I used one skein and I made the sweater body longer, 22 rows instead of 16.
I will be making this sweater again. It was quick and easy.
I mailed the sweater to them about a week before the baby was born in May.
The pictures of the sweater on the teddy bear were taken because this bear belongs to my husband. His grandmother bought it for him when he was very young. So I thought it would be kinda cool to have the baby's sweater on a bear that Gaetano's great-great grandmother bought for his cousin.
Cool!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home