Name:
Location: California, United States

I love www.bookcrossing.com

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Kroy socks

Well, well, well. They are finally done. I bought this yarn a couple of years ago at Hobby Lobby while visiting my mom in Texas. I casted on, but these poor socks were knitted off and on for a year. Socks are always my carry along project because they are so portable. They kept getting set aside for other projects.
And now they are done :)

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks FX, self patterning yarn
Color: 57242, Clover colors
Needle: size 1 (2.25mm)

Ok, now I used my regular sock "recipe" and I decided to make the leg just a bit longer. When I got to the foot, I knitted my 60 rounds and oh my god! The foot was so long! Apparently this yarn is denser than other sock yarn. So I left the sock on my foot and frogged back to the joint of my big toe and then started the toe decreases. I just barely had enough yarn to finish each sock.
This is my first "mismatched" pair. I couldn't match up the yarn without cutting too much off and rejoining later.
I am happy to report that both skeins did not have any knots from breakage. More and more yarn skeins I have been getting have these knots. Knot happy about this!!
They are done, Yay, and I've already started a new pair.
Happy knitting.







You know what really pisses me off about yarn knots? When they knot the two ends together and the pattern is going in the opposite directions!! MORONS!

3 Comments:

Anonymous comment maigrir said...

jolies socks ;-)

11:59 PM, January 20, 2013  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Karen, your socks look beautiful. Did you use a pattern? I'm a beginner knitter and need a pattern to follow. Thanks

6:11 PM, November 05, 2016  
Blogger Karen Knitting said...

I used the basic sock pattern found in Ann Budd's sock book.

1:21 PM, November 13, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home